Hock Injections

Do your horses feet that look like this.If so they have a serious balance problem.
The pic on left shows high on inside,the pic on right shows too small of shoes and under run heels.


Is your horse getting regular hock injections, just too keep it going. I believe at best this is a band-aid solution. What if you could keep your horse going with out injections. I believe that most horses are sore in the hocks because of bad farrier practices. At farrier schools we are taught too leave the heels high on the inside on the hind feet too make them stand straight. If we as farriers and vets would learn to balance the hind feet to the angle of the femur and the natural angle of the leg, we would not have hock problems. For the horses sake we need too look at the long term not just a quick fix.I believe that if you balance a horses feet too it's cannon bone using a T square you can eliminate hock problems. I also believe as equine professionals we need to start measuring toe length and hoof angles. We are the only professionals the can get away with not measuring!  What we go to school for two months and come back with a magic eye.I have had horses come to me so sore that they could hardly stand too be worked on. As soon as I got there feet trimmed to balance using a T square hoof gauge and measuring toe length,they stand relaxed. By using these tools they have staid sound with out drugs for as much as 11 years. RE: Henry a navicular since 2003 still going with out drugs.
I had a customer ask about hock injections as preventative maintenance. I was shocked too here that people are doing this. When it is so easy to keep your sound just by proper hoof balance. Why spend hundreds of dollars on injections when it can be fixed with proper shoeing.






Same horse balanced too it's natural bone structure. Using  just bigger shoes on hind. I believe we can fix any lameness problems by balancing our horses too there natural bone structure.